What Are a Chemical Peels?
A chemical peel is a topical application of an acidic solution to the face, neck, chest, or any part of the body. Chemical peels are categorized by depth, light, medium, and deep. The depth of the peel depends on the skin type, condition, and color to achieve the best results. Chemical peel causes dead skin cells to dislodge and slough off, which results in a chain reaction creating newer healthier cells and improving collagen and elastin. Increases hydration and smooths out the texture and tone.
Patient consultation plays important role in determining the type, strength, depth, and series of chemical peels recommended to address specific concerns such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles due to aging and sun damage
- Helps reduce pigment and brown spots
- Melasma due to pregnancy and birth control pills
- Enhances the look and feel of skin
- Improves skin texture and uneven tone
- Helps manage acne
- Decreases fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
How Often Should the Chemical Peels Be Done?
Chemical peels are recommended in a series of 3 to 5 treatments.
They are scheduled four weeks apart.
What Do I Need To Do To Prep My Skin for a Chemical Peel?
We recommend having a skincare routine before we do the peel.
Patients should stop using
- Tretinoin, Retin A, and Retinol a week before the peel.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Use Vitamin C, and SPF.
- No waxing, threading shaving, or sugaring one week laser on the area being treated with chemical peel one week before.
What Should I Expect to Post My Chemical Peel?
Post-chemical peel reaction and care will vary depending on the type of peel performed. Chemical peel depth ranges from light to medium, and deep.
We customized post-care depending on the Peel used for each patient.
Light peels are great for quick brightening of the skin tone, normally they don’t cause any peeling on the skin. Great for all skin types, conditions, and colors.
PCA SKIN OBAGI
A medium-depth peel can cause peeling starting on the 3rd day and your skin may peel for up to 10 days. The medium-depth peel can use applied on all skin colors.
THE PERFECT DERMA PEEL
Post chemical peel. You Must Avoid!
No hot shower, Sauna,
No exercise, running, Hot Yoga,
No direct sun