What are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions is an advanced and delicate technique that lengthens and thickens natural eyelashes. They are single or multi-dimensional strands of lashes that are curved to replicate the natural lash. Eyelash extensions are used to enhance the length, curliness, fullness, and thickness of natural eyelashes. Extensions could be made from several materials including real mink, synthetic mink, or silk. Don’t confuse false eyelashes and eyelash extensions as they are not the same.
Eyelash Extension Services: Price ranges from $120-$350
Natural Full Set (2.5 hrs)
Natural Full Set is considered our Classic Lash Extensions signature lash application method where the attachment of 1 extensions is applied to 1 natural eyelash. The result is an enhanced lash line with a natural and realistic appearance. We recommend Classic Lashes to those who want their lashes to look elevated and curled yet natural.
Natural 2-3 weeks Refill (1 hr)
Natural 4 weeks Refill (1.5 hrs)
Enhanced Natural Full Set (3-3.5 hrs)
Our Enhanced Natural Full Set is considered premium Russian Volume lash application. Here we apply 2 or more of our ultra-light lash extensions to 1 natural eyelash. The Enhanced Natural Set is the most popular with our clients since they offer incredible fullness that last longer than traditional Classic lash application.
Enhanced Natural 2-3 weeks Refill (1.5 hrs)
Enhanced Natural 4 weeks Refill (2-3 hours)
Eyelash Extensions FAQs
1. Will lash extensions damage my natural lash? When applied properly, lash extensions will not harm the natural lashes. Our attention to detail application and isolation of the natural lash technique allows the natural lashes to grow and thrive with your extensions. We always ensures perfect isolation with the use of bright LED light in combination of natural sunlight and the use of 3.5 magnification lens during the service to ensure healthy natural lashes even after years of extension wearing. Through perfect isolation of the natural lash, the extensions grows with the natural lash therefore, not causing damage or harm to them.
2. Are you certified? In the state of Virginia, according to the State Boards of Cosmetology and Barber request that all eyelash extension artist must be licensed in either Cosmetology or Esthetics to legally perform eyelash extensions. Tina is a licensed Master Esthetician and Cosmetologist and gained her certifications in classic eyelash extensions and Russian volume extensions.
3. Can I see some before and after of your work? We love that you ask to see some before and after photos. We believe that seeing real life client’s before and after really shows how much attention to detail the work is. It also allows us to see what type of style our clients want for themselves.
4. How long will the extensions last? Eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural lash growth cycle of your own eyelashes. However, just like getting your nails done, you need to come back for touch ups. The reason for extensions refills/touch ups is due to the natural lash active growth cycles. On average of 2 to 3 weeks is when you would need to come back in for a refill to maintain the fullness of the lash. After this time period, without a touch up, lashes will start to twist, turn and shed creating an unappealing look.
5. Are eyelash extensions safe? Generally, eyelash extensions are safe if and when done properly. We use medical grade adhesive that cures with moisture to bond the extensions to your natural lash. The adhesive never touches your skin or eyes. To ensure safety of your eyes, please request a patch test 48 hours prior to the actual full set application of eyelash extensions.
6. Can I use mascara with eyelash extensions? Our eyelash extensions are designed to give your natural lashes an improved look of fullness and length. We think using mascara is not needed.
7. Can I get my eyelash extensions wet? It is recommended to clean and wash your eyelash extensions to maximize retention and maintain the health of your eyes after 24 hours of application. After 24 hours, eyelash extensions are 100% waterproof and you can resume your daily routines and activities. However, we highly suggest keeping away from extensive contact of high heat such as saunas, open flames (BBQs), and cooking in the oven as it will singe the tips of the extensions.
8. How long will the process take? Depending on the density and type of eyelash extensions you want, it can vary between 2-3.5 hours for a brand new full set, which includes a consultation, eye design and the application process. For refill/touch ups it would take anywhere between 1-2 hours depending on the type and style of extensions you have on. Don’t worry, you will lay comfortably with eyes fully shut, on a reclined chair with a memory foam neck pillow, bolster underneath your legs, a blanket to keep you cozy and with ambient music playing in the background the entire time. Almost all clients fall asleep during the entire service – they call it the lash nap. During the application process, your lower lashes will be covered with a gel eye pad and the extensions will be applied only to your upper lashes one at a time.
9. What happens if I no longer wish to have extensions? Please do not pick or attempt to remove the extensions yourself. In the case that you do not wish to wear extensions anymore, please come back for a complementary professional removal to maintain the integrity of your natural lashes. Our professional adhesive dissolver will only dissolve the medical grade adhesive and not damage your natural lash. To professionally remove the extensions, it involves a short 30 minute appointment in which we apply a gel remover. The gel remover is applied on top of the extensions without touching the skin and allowed to sit for 10 minutes. Once the adhesive is dissolved, the extensions are gently wiped away with a lint free applicator swab to expose the natural lashes. We finish the removal process with a eyelash bath to ensure all residual are removed leaving you with squeeky clean lashes and eyes.
10. Do I need to do anything before my eyelash extensions appointment? If you believe that you tend to have sensitive eyes, please schedule a patch test 48 hours prior to the appointment. Arrive to the appointment without makeup, without mascara, without using an eyelash mechanical curler and best to have showered the night before. Arrive to the appointment without contact lenses if you wear them. Have a case to store your contact lenses in during the service. Immediately after the eyelash extensions service you can wear your contact lenses again.
11. How do I take care of my eyelash extensions?
- Avoid getting lash extensions wet for the first 24 hours post application
- Avoid extreme heat like saunas, open flames (BBQs), and cooking in the oven
- Avoid using oil based makeup and skin care products around the eyes
- Avoid using a mechanical eyelash curler
- Avoid using mascaras
- Do not pick or pull at the extensions as this can damage your natural lash
- Do cleanse the eyes to remove makeup with an oil-free makeup remover
- Do cleanse your lashes with an eyelash extensions safe cleanser to remove dirt, debris and oil
- Do brush your extensions with a mascara wand daily to untangle them
- Do get a refill/touch up every 2-3 weeks to maintain health and fullness of your lashes