It’s well known that a hearing aid is an important investment. If you have hearing loss, using one can dramatically improve your quality of life.
However, as with most electronic products, a hearing aid does have a limited lifespan. Read this to discover reasons you may need a new one and the hearing aid replacement cost in McLean, VA.
Here re 7 Reasons You Might Need to Replace Your Hearing Aid
Do any of these apply to you? If so, it might be time for a new hearing device:
- Longevity: Even with proper maintenance, a hearing aid lifespan is only three to seven years.
- Technological advancements: Newer models often offer better features and sound quality.
- Hearing changes: If your hearing worsens or improves, you may require a different hearing aid.
- Accidental damage: Instances like dropping, exposure to moisture, or physical damage can render a hearing aid nonfunctional.
- Discomfort: A hearing aid that no longer fits properly or comfortably and cannot be adjusted, may necessitate replacement.
- Style preference changes: Changing aesthetics or wearing preferences might lead to a new hearing aid selection.
- Lifestyle changes: A more active lifestyle than you previously had may require a more durable device.
What Can I Expect to Pay for a Replacement?
The hearing aid replacement cost in McLean, VA is going to vary. Factors such as the brand, type, bells, and whistles, as well as your insurance coverage will influence how much you pay. The average cost is currently around $2,000 for one device, though you may spend up to $8,000 for a pair.
Interested in Learning More About the Hearing Aid Replacement Cost in McLean, VA? ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery Can Help!
Our team delivers top-tier hearing services including audiology evaluations and a comprehensive range of solutions for hearing aid repair and replacement.
Call us today at 703-448-0005 to book an appointment with one of our experts to discuss your options. We look forward to meeting you!