Microneedling is highly effective in improving skin tone and texture, reducing the appearance of scars, and managing acne.
Though the results it achieves are quite remarkable, are they long lasting? How long do microneedling treatments last? Here’s what you can expect from this facial rejuvenation treatment.
How Long Do Microneedling Treatments Last?
Typically, results from microneedling treatments last four to six months, though they can last for years, potentially even a lifetime.
The longevity of your results depends on the condition of your skin, how long newly produced collagen lasts in your skin, your body’s natural cell turnover cycle, and other factors. Younger patients and those with mild skin concerns may see longer lasting effects.
Tips for Extending Your Microneedling Results
While microneedling results aren’t always permanent and touch-up appointments are needed to maintain your desired results, there are some things you can do to increase the chance of your results lasting longer. To help extend the longevity of your microneedling effects:
- Choose RF microneedling, which is a specific type that combines the treatment with radiofrequency waves to boost the effects and make them last longer.
- Protecting your skin against the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Use high-quality skincare products containing nourishing ingredients such as retinol, collagen, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid).
- Consume a healthy diet.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol.
- Combine it with complementary treatments such as PRP.
Transform Your Skin With RF Microneedling From the Aesthetic Team at ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery
Whether you need help managing acne-prone skin or want to improve your skin’s tone and texture, microneedling may just be the treatment you need to finally achieve that healthy glow!
Now that you have an answer to your question, “How long do microneedling treatments last,” take the next step and schedule a consultation. All you have to do is contact us now at 703-448-0005!