Laser hair removal offers a quick, safe and comfortable way to remove unwanted hair leaving you with smooth skin after a completed series of treatments.
It is a non-invasive technique that concentrates light through an energy source so that it is absorbed by the pigment or color within the hair follicle. This damages the follicle and can prevent regrowth.
Here at ENT and Facial plastic surgery we use the Gentle Max Pro which is the gold standard for laser hair removal in all Fitzpatrick skin types.
It is a dual wavelength laser platform that combines the fastest and most powerful 755 nm Alexandrite laser with an equally powerful 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser for high performance treatment capabilities in terms of speed, efficacy, ease-of-use, performance, safety and patient satisfaction. This laser is safe and effective for all skin types.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
Fortunately, due to advances in laser technology, hair removal is now a safe option for people with any skin tone. Hair removal lasers are now more sophisticated with settings that can be adjusted depending on the skin color and natural hair color combinations. This includes hair texture and density.
- Photic Seizures
- Natural and artificial tanning within 2 weeks
- Active disease process in the treatment area
- Antibiotics within 2 weeks
- Oral acne medications (like Accutane within 6 months)
- No waxing or plucking for at least 2 weeks prior to the procedure. Please shave the targeted area the evening before your appointment.
- Avoid both natural and artificial tanning at least 2 weeks prior to your session
- Avoid Antibiotics 2 weeks prior to your session
- Avoid Active component topicals in the treatment area 2 weeks prior
- If you have a history of herpes, take an antiviral medication for 2 days prior to the treatment and 3 days after.